Gold Rush Corn Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the 19th century, folks went crazy for mining shiny gold nuggets all over the U.S., but the Native Americans treasured a different kind of "gold." It was corn! With its popularity came corn cakes, corn bread and even hot-from-the-oven corn bakes, like our Gold Rush Corn Bake. This updated corn casserole is to-die-for.
What You'll Need
- 3 corn muffins, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch cast iron skillet or 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffins and 2 tablespoons butter; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, creamed corn, egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Sprinkle one-third of corn muffin mixture in skillet. Top with half the corn mixture. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of corn muffin mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and golden on top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.5g 11 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 624mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.