Not So Traditional Noodle Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some people know noodle pudding, or kugel, as a sweet dish full of cinnamon, sugar, and sour cream that's good with brunch, dinner or as dessert. This savory version makes a better side dish for hearty meals like steaks, and roasted meats & chicken.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 envelope (from a 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions (but without salt); drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir. Add noodles; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until top is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.