Tex Mex Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If your family can't decide between Italian or Mexican food, then we've got the perfect solution, Tex Mex Ziti! This beefy and cheesy casserole combines the best of two cultures in just one dish. Not only will your whole gang be pleased, but you will be too, 'cause this recipe is weeknight-easy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package ziti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add to drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup cheese; stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- For additional ethnic flavor, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen suggests that you might want to add a drained can of green chilies, jalapeño peppers, or black olives when you combine all of the ingredients.
- Freezer-friendly recipe: Follow all steps above expect for baking. After ziti is assembled, cover with a few layers of foil and place in freezer. Thaw by placing in fridge 24 hours in advance. Once thawed, bake at regular time and temerpature. Click here for more tips on freezing our recipes!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
- Check out more of our favorite Tex-Mex recipes with dishes like our Taco Ring and Tex Mex Dip.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 584
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 61 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 33g 65 %
- Cholesterol 96mg 32 %
- Sodium 949mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 6.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!