Italian Meringue Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fasten your aprons; we're taking a trip to Italy. Mama mia! Feather-light meringue makes this one the tops.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (2 pounds) ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the melted butter, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and the salt. Stir the mixture until it forms a ball, then place the dough into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. With your fingers, spread the dough into a smooth crust to cover the bottom and sides of the plate; chill while preparing the filling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, the remaining 2 whole eggs and 3 teaspoons orange rind, and the cinnamon for 2 to 3 minutes, until well blended. Pour into the chilled crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until almost set in the center.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the egg whites and the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar for 5 to 6 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top of the pie, sealing the edges of the crust with the meringue. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover loosely and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 602
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 181mg 60 %
- Sodium 399mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!