New York Cheesecake Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These cheesecake squares could be stars on Broadway...and on your kitchen table, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, butter, and brown sugar; beat about 3 minutes; stir in walnuts then measure out 1 cup of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining flour mixture into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan to form a crust. Bake 12 minutes, or until light brown.
- In the same bowl, combine remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust and sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup flour mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm in center. Let cool on a baking rack then cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Why not top each square with a dollop of your favorite pie filling before serving?
- Looking for more fantastic cheesecake recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, The Ultimate Dessert Menu: 35 of Our Best Cheesecake Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).