Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies make our already sinfully rich homemade cheesecake even more luscious! Bake up our easy Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake and be a homemade hero to your gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 3/4 stick butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 30 cookies in a resealable plastic bag; using a rolling pin, crush cookies then place crumbs in a medium bowl with the butter; mix well then spread mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well.
- Set aside 6 cookies for garnish then break up remaining cookies. Stir cookie pieces into cream cheese mixture, then pour into crust.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a spoon, stir together sour cream, cocoa, remaining sugar and vanilla until well combined. Carefully spread sour cream mixture over top of cheesecake then bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool then chill 8 hours or overnight. Cover until ready to serve. When ready to serve, remove from pan to a serving plate and spoon 12 equal-sized dollops of whipped topping on top. Cut the 6 reserved cookies in half and place half a cookie on each dollop of whipped topping.
During different holiday seasons, you can usually find sandwich cookies filled with colored creams. These make really festive cheesecakes.
Find more recipes to celebrate June Dairy Month.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.