Cajun Chicken with Watermelon Mint Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! Spicy blackened Cajun-style chicken is topped off with a refreshing palate-cleansing Watermelon Mint Salsa. Sounds fancy, but this easy chicken skillet dish and watermelon topper is truly a match of tastes made in heaven.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato
- Seeded jalapeno to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh scallion (green onion)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
What to Do
- Make salsa by tossing watermelon, lime juice, tomato and jalapeno together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cilantro, mint, scallions, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Add chicken and coat with the spice mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and place chicken breasts in pan. Blacken on both sides and saute just until cooked through.
- Top with Watermelon Mint Salsa and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.