We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our markets are filled with convenient items that let us cook from scratch without having to do a whole lot of work. We used some of these shortcut ingredients to make our Chicken Potpie. Yep, that tasty, flaky crust is made from a refrigerated pie crust!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into -inch chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 package (15 ounces) rolled refrigerated pie crusts
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and saute 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from heat and add peas and carrots, potatoes, and gravy; mix well. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll 1 pie crust and place it in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate. Spoon chicken mixture into crust.
- Unfold second pie crust and place it over chicken mixture. Pinch edges together to seal; flute and trim as needed. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is heated through and crust is golden. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Since this potpie gets really hot and bubbly, we suggest placing a cookie sheet under it while baking, to catch any drippings.