Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve up a bit of elegance with our easy-to-make recipe for Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar. This chicken breasts recipe features just the right amount of sparkle and mild sweetness, and it'll earn you an extra dose of "Wow, that was good!"
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
What to Do
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add chicken and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, then add garlic and mushrooms.
- Continue cooking an additional 3 minutes, moving garlic and mushrooms around in skillet. Add chicken broth, vinegar, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Raise heat to medium, and cook pan juices, uncovered, an additional 7 minutes. Add butter, if desired; remove and discard bay leaves, stir mixture, then spoon over chicken.
If your skillet isn't large enough to cook all of the chicken together, use two smaller skillets and split the ingredients between them.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.