Chicken Cobbler Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Betcha didn't know you can make Chicken Cobbler Pie in your slow cooker! A flaky biscuit topping covers this hearty, veggie-packed chicken dish for the ultimate comfort food feast.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (see Note)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
What to Do
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly; add sour cream, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms. Drop dough by large spoonfuls on top of chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 hours or until topping is lightly browned.
- There are dozens of frozen mixed vegetable combinations found in the freezer section of your grocer. For this comfort food classic, we like the mix containing carrots, corn, green beans, peas, and lima beans.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!