All-in-One Southern Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you take a bunch of your favorite Southern foods and serve 'em all together? You get an All-in-One Southern Dinner of course! This Southern-inspired dinner recipe has it all - cornbread, chicken, mixed veggies, and gravy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) cornbread or cornbread muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 pound frozen breaded chicken tenderloins, baked according to package directions
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar chicken gravy
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse cornbread into fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a large bowl; add butter and mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into baking dish to form crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables and gravy to chicken; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Check This Out!
- If you're looking for another Southern dinner recipe, check out our recipe for Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks or our Catfish 'n' Biscuits.
- We've got more dinner casseroles you're going to love. Make our Classic Scalloped Chicken, or our Amish Country Casserole.
- Looking for a Southern dessert recipe? Try our Southern-Style Peach Pie or our Butter Pecan Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 617
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 1,527mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.0g 32 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!