We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make a take-out-worthy Italian dinner tonight - make Chicken Marinara. It's a big, heaping plate of pasta, veggies, and chicken!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, salt, and black pepper, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Add the marinara sauce and cooked pasta; mix well and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
If you'd like, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Barilla.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 538
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 60 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 705mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 71g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.6g 26 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %