Chicken Tortilla Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to get the family to the dinner table in a hurry? Just tell them they're having cake for dinner...Chicken Tortilla Cake! Hey, it looks like a cake, and it'll be just as popular!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry fajita seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 6 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat (or to 375 degrees F. in an electric skillet). Fry tortillas one at a time for 10 to 15 seconds, or until golden. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, hot sauce, and fajita seasoning; mix well.
- Place 1 tortilla on prepared baking sheet then spread 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, and 1 chopped scallion. Place a tortilla on top and repeat layers 4 more times, ending with a plain tortilla on top. Reserve remaining sour cream mixture.
- Brush tops and sides of tortillas with melted butter then cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and place on a serving plate. Spread top tortilla with remaining sour cream mixture and top with remaining chopped scallion.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Two 10-ounce cans of chunk white chicken, drained and flaked, can be substituted for the shredded cooked chicken.
Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
- If you're looking for more Mexican dinner recipes, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!