Chicken Chile Relleno
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese, cut in half, divided
- 2 cups crushed cheese nacho chips
- 1 egg
- 1 poblano chili pepper, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut 1/2 the cheese into 8 strips; shred other half.
- Place crushed chips in a shallow dish. Place egg in another shallow dish; lightly beat and set aside.
- Place one chili strip on each chicken breast and top with 2 strips of cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpick. Dip chicken rolls into egg then into chips, until evenly coated on all sides. Place on baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 minutes, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 5 more minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Drizzle with taco sauce and serve immediately.
Why not top off this yummy meal with our Mexican Ice Cream Balls!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!