Chicken and Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you let all these ingredients stew together, the flavors blend perfectly. And once you spoon it all over some fluffy rice, well you're in an appetizing meal. Our easy recipe for Chicken and Veggies is so good, one serving is never enough!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package chicken-flavored rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then into -inch slices
- 3 medium-sized carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise, then cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 (14 -ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- Prepare rice and pasta mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute chicken, zucchini, and carrots 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat. Add drained tomatoes, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved tomato liquid; mix until smooth. Pour mixture into saucepan and heat 2 to 4 minutes, until slightly thickened and heated through.
- Serve over rice.
You can find the rice and pasta mix in the supermarket rice section.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.