We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why didn't we think of this before?! Why, Chili'd Chicken is a whole scrumptious meal. (Have the folks in Texas been keeping it a secret?)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained (juice reserved), and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together onions, chili powder, and kidney beans; set aside.
- Lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with remaining oil; add kidney bean mixture. Arrange chicken over top of beans, pressing chicken into bean mixture. Spoon tomatoes over beans and chicken, and add reserved tomato juice.
- Bake chicken 65 minutes then remove from the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted, chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!