We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why didn't we think of this before?! Why, Chili'd Chicken is a whole scrumptious meal. (Have the folks in Texas been keeping it a secret?)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained (juice reserved), and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together onions, chili powder, and kidney beans; set aside.
- Lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with remaining oil; add kidney bean mixture. Arrange chicken over top of beans, pressing chicken into bean mixture. Spoon tomatoes over beans and chicken, and add reserved tomato juice.
- Bake chicken 65 minutes then remove from the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted, chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.