Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, but are trying to eat a little lighter, then you're going to love this lightened-up recipe. Our Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a homemade Chinese-takeout favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
What to Do
- Preheat a stovetop wok or large skillet over medium-high heat or an electric wok to 400 degrees F. Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add ketchup, honey, vinegar, pineapple and its juice, and red peppers; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce begins to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch; whisk well.
- When ketchup mixture is bubbling, add soy sauce mixture; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through and sauce has thickened. Add scallions and toss until well coated.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!