Chinese Plum Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chinese Plum Chicken sounds like a restaurant special, but you can whip up this Asian treat at home in no time.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional, see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then bread crumbs, pressing down to coat completely. Place on baking sheet and coat tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat plum sauce over low heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until hot. Spoon over chicken, sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds (if desired), and serve immediately.
To toast sesame seeds, cook in skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.