Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never been able to walk past the food court without sampling the flavorful chicken bourbon bites, then you're going to love this recipe for Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken. Juicy chicken thighs are slow cooked in a homemade bourbon sauce for hours, resulting in a tender, flavor-packed meal. It's better than anything you'll find at the food court!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ketchup, brown sugar, honey, bourbon, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-1/2 to 4 hours or on LOW 6 to 7-1/2 hours, or until chicken breaks apart easily. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred apart with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water, then whisk slowly into sauce until thickened.
- Add chicken and scallions to sauce; mix well and serve.
Serve over rice so you don't lose any of the saucy goodness.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!