We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you ate at a restaurant in the '80s you were sure to find Chicken Francese on the menu. And while this dish sounds super fancy, it's so easy to make, and it has certainly stood the test of time as it's still popular today. Now you can make this chicken dinner recipe part of your routine!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, parsley, and salt; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Dip chicken in flour mixture then in eggs, coating completely.
- Sauté chicken, in batches if necessary, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Remove chicken to a paper towel-lined platter. Add any remaining butter, the wine, and lemon juice to skillet; mix well then return cooked chicken to skillet.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken and no pink remains in chicken. Serve chicken with sauce.
- Don't lose a drop of the mouth-watering sauce that accompanies this chicken by serving it with our fabulous crispy asparagus.
- And if you'd like to try another recipe that became very popular in the '80s, check out our classic Quiche Lorraine! Or check out another great French dinner recipe with our Country French Chicken!
- It's Throwback Week! Join us in reminiscing!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.