We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you ate at a restaurant in the '80s you were sure to find Chicken Francese on the menu. And while this dish sounds super fancy, it's so easy to make, and it has certainly stood the test of time as it's still popular today. Now you can make this chicken dinner recipe part of your routine!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, parsley, and salt; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Dip chicken in flour mixture then in eggs, coating completely.
- Sauté chicken, in batches if necessary, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Remove chicken to a paper towel-lined platter. Add any remaining butter, the wine, and lemon juice to skillet; mix well then return cooked chicken to skillet.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken and no pink remains in chicken. Serve chicken with sauce.
- Don't lose a drop of the mouth-watering sauce that accompanies this chicken by serving it with our fabulous crispy asparagus.
- And if you'd like to try another recipe that became very popular in the '80s, check out our classic Quiche Lorraine! Or check out another great French dinner recipe with our Country French Chicken!
- It's Throwback Week! Join us in reminiscing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!
Baked Crispy Chicken
All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
Dining Room Chicken
Apricot Yam Chicken Bake
We've got 21 Chicken Drumstick Recipes that are as delicious as they are simple!
Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
Your In-Law's Favorite Chicken
"Don't Peek" Chicken
Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Chicken Fried Rice