Easy Chicken Chow Mein
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you ready? Because it's time for another edition of Takeout Fake-out! Next up, we've got a Chinese copycat recipe for Easy Chicken Chow Mein. Using plenty of veggies and your skillet, you can make this Chinese restaurant classic right in your very own kitchen. Pair this with a side of your favorite rice for a meal to remember.
What You'll Need:
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 celery stalks, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the soy sauce and chicken broth over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, and onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Stir in the water chestnuts and bean sprouts. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into the vegetable mixture until the liquid thickens.
- Add the chicken and mix well; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
Serve over cooked spaghetti or plain or fried rice, and top with crispy chow mein noodles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!