The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 27 Min
These everybody will love 'em Easy Chicken Enchiladas taste so good because we use only our own fresh ingredients, starting with flavorful cooked rotisserie chicken. They're a cinch to make ourselves, so why waste time and money ordering out?
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 (10") corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Fry tortillas 1 at a time in 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet 5 seconds on each side or until softened; add additional oil, if necessary. Drain.
- Place heaping 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla; roll up each tortilla, and place seam side down in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, and bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes. Serve with salsa.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
Sep 26, 2012
Not bad. I served enchilada sauce on the side. I'm wondering if you could bake these in the sauce. Would they get soggy?
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.