New Chicken Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an old favorite, but with a little "today" mixed in. Plus, with a few different flavorings? Boy, will your taste buds be impressed!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
What to Do
- In a large shallow pan, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the green pepper strips; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir in the pepper strips and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is fork-tender, no pink remains, and the liquid has thickened.
- Serve with the sauce from the pan.
You can use chicken breasts and thighs, as indicated above, or 2 pounds of either part by itself.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!