Peach Glazed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe was adapted from a Georgia-style barbecued chicken with peach sauce. We'll tell you what, instead of the authentic version where you had to dig a pit to slow-roast your chickens, we decided to make this skillet-style. We know you'll be happy we made that change!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (1 to 1 ½ pound) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Place flour in a shallow dish. Dip chicken breasts in flour, coating completely. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add coated chicken and brown 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a platter and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until peaches are thawed and sauce begins to thicken.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and sauce has thickened.
To enjoy every last bit of the peach sauce, serve this over hot cooked rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.