Peach Glazed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe was adapted from a Georgia-style barbecued chicken with peach sauce. We'll tell you what, instead of the authentic version where you had to dig a pit to slow-roast your chickens, we decided to make this skillet-style. We know you'll be happy we made that change!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (1 to 1 ½ pound) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Place flour in a shallow dish. Dip chicken breasts in flour, coating completely. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add coated chicken and brown 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a platter and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until peaches are thawed and sauce begins to thicken.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and sauce has thickened.
To enjoy every last bit of the peach sauce, serve this over hot cooked rice.