Second Street Chicken and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Mr. Food was growing up in Troy, New York, all the neighborhood kids would make a beeline to his kitchen door when they knew his mom was making this for his family.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (25 to 29 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic; cook until the chicken and onion are tender, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta to desired doneness; drain.
- Serve the sauce over the hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
When I was growing up, we used whichever chicken parts we happened to have. And back then we didn't use cheese on top, but it sure does make it sensational?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 847
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 66g 132 %
- Cholesterol 149mg 50 %
- Sodium 1,102mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 102g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.9g 32 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!