Sweet and Sour Watermelon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Please everyoneâ€™s taste buds with our Sweet and Sour Watermelon Chicken. Tangy sweet and sour sauce spooned over chunks of watermelon atop crispy chicken tenders will make a weeknight meal taste like company is coming.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds hot baked or fried breaded chicken tenders
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups sweet and sour sauce
- 2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Keep chicken tenders warm in a single layer on a baking sheet in oven.
- In a 2-quart saute pan, saute onions and peppers in oil then stir in sweet and sour sauce.
- Arrange watermelon chunks on a warm serving platter with chicken and pour hot sauce over chicken and watermelon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!