Wined and Dined Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes you want a chicken dish that's a bit fancy-tasting, without all the fancy work and cleanup. Well, this one fits the bill...and you don't have to worry about the alcohol in the wine because it should disappear during the cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1 chicken (2½ to 3½ pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
What to Do
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add the flour and shake to lightly dust the chicken.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally to lightly brown both sides.
- Remove the chicken to a platter.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chicken broth and wine to the onion and mushroom mixture. Add the salt, pepper, bay leaf, and parsley; mix well.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
If you prefer to be "wined and dined" without the wine, simply substitute 1/2 cup of either nonalcoholic wine or apple juice for the red wine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!