Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
There's something about Chipotle that we all love. That's why we're bringing an easy copycat recipe into the comfort of your own kitchen! This fun, family-style, Tex-Mex meal is a sure way to spice things up for everyone around the dinner table; and since you can make it at home, it's half the price.
What You'll Need
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
What to Do
- To make marinade, in a food processor, blend chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, oil, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper until smooth. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade, seal bag and rub chicken until evenly coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. When ready to cook; preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks. In a medium bowl, combine warm rice, lime juice, and cilantro; mix well. Divide rice mixture evenly into bowls, top with chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, and guacamole.
Just a Suggestion!
- We suggest you add a dollop of sour cream and shredded Mexican blend cheese for that authentic Chipotle experience.
- For more Tex-Mex fun, try our Fiesta Pull-Apart Bread. And you won't want to miss our Fresh Chunky Salsa, our Fast Taco Pie, or our Beefy Enchilada!
- Want more copycat recipes? Try our Homemade Peanut Butter Cups!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!