Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
There's something about Chipotle that we all love. That's why we're bringing an easy copycat recipe into the comfort of your own kitchen! This fun, family-style, Tex-Mex meal is a sure way to spice things up for everyone around the dinner table; and since you can make it at home, it's half the price.
What You'll Need
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
What to Do
- To make marinade, in a food processor, blend chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, oil, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper until smooth. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade, seal bag and rub chicken until evenly coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. When ready to cook; preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks. In a medium bowl, combine warm rice, lime juice, and cilantro; mix well. Divide rice mixture evenly into bowls, top with chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, and guacamole.
Just a Suggestion!
- We suggest you add a dollop of sour cream and shredded Mexican blend cheese for that authentic Chipotle experience.
- For more Tex-Mex fun, try our Fiesta Pull-Apart Bread. And you won't want to miss our Fresh Chunky Salsa, our Fast Taco Pie, or our Beefy Enchilada!
- Want more copycat recipes? Try our Homemade Peanut Butter Cups!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!