Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
There's something about Chipotle that we all love. That's why we're bringing an easy copycat recipe into the comfort of your own kitchen! This fun, family-style, Tex-Mex meal is a sure way to spice things up for everyone around the dinner table; and since you can make it at home, it's half the price.
What You'll Need
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
What to Do
- To make marinade, in a food processor, blend chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, oil, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper until smooth. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade, seal bag and rub chicken until evenly coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. When ready to cook; preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks. In a medium bowl, combine warm rice, lime juice, and cilantro; mix well. Divide rice mixture evenly into bowls, top with chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, and guacamole.
Just a Suggestion!
- We suggest you add a dollop of sour cream and shredded Mexican blend cheese for that authentic Chipotle experience.
- For more Tex-Mex fun, try our Fiesta Pull-Apart Bread. And you won't want to miss our Fresh Chunky Salsa, our Fast Taco Pie, or our Beefy Enchilada!
- Want more copycat recipes? Try our Homemade Peanut Butter Cups!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!