Saucy White Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a new chili recipe? Then try our Saucy White Chili because it's so darn good! White chili is a change of pace from traditional beef recipes, and it's just as easy to make. Plus, using chicken makes it a healthy alternative!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 (16-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned.
Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
For starters, why not serve up a bowl of delicious black bean chipotle hummus?!
For a really hearty meal, we suggest serving this chili in a big bowl over hot cooked rice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 458
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 41g 81 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 670mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 61 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!