Crowd Pleasin' Beef & Sausage Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy chili recipe with ground beef and sausage will satisfy your heartiest eaters. Plus, not only does it taste great, we don't need to do much to it except stir; the stove top does most of the work.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 5 minutes; add onions and garlic and cook 10 minutes more or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Top with all your favorite chili toppings from shredded cheese to chopped onions and sliced jalapeno peppers. Oh, and when it comes to the sausage, you can make that as mild or spicy as you’d like. After all, it’s your chili.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 559
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 45g 90 %
- Cholesterol 113mg 38 %
- Sodium 1,516mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 47 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.