Beef and Sausage Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy chili recipe with ground beef and sausage will satisfy your heartiest eaters. Plus, not only does it taste great, we don't need to do much to it except stir; the stove top does most of the work.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef, sausage, onions, and garlic over high heat 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Top with all your favorite chili toppings from shredded cheese to chopped onions and sliced jalapeno peppers. This is a perfect recipe to keep on hand in the slow cooker on those afternoons or evenings when everybody's coming home and eating at different times.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!