Italian-Style Chili Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Italian-Style Chili Pot is always a welcome recipe, especially during the colder months. It's so versatile you can serve it over pasta, or if you're on-the-go try putting some into an over-sized mug! Made with lean ground beef, and, of course, the oh-so-yum Italian sausage, this recipe is bursting with flavor and will warm ya up from the inside out.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 5 minutes; add onions and garlic and cook 10 minutes more or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Top with all your favorite chili toppings from shredded cheese to chopped onions and sliced jalapeno peppers. Oh, and when it comes to the sausage, you can make that as mild or spicy as you’d like. After all, it’s your chili.
- For more warm-ya-up chili recipes, check out our hearty Bread Bowl Chili and, for game day, our Champion Chili Cheese Dip is sure to be a winner!
- We've got the best chili dippers around! Try out our Buttery Pilgrim Biscuits, of, if you want a bit of a bite, try our Jalapeno Cheese Biscuits!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For the best chili recipes around, make sure to download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 559
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 45g 90 %
- Cholesterol 113mg 38 %
- Sodium 1,516mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 47 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!