We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you've craving lemonade, why not try whipping up a batch of this concentrated base? Just add water and ice, and you can have the perfect lemonade anytime! (And it's especially good for a lemonade stand!)
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested (using a grater)
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Let cool to room temperature.
- Store the lemonade base in a covered container in the refrigerator, or store in the freezer until needed; then just thaw, mix as directed below, and serve.
To make lemonade by the glass: Combine 1/4 cup lemonade base, 3/4 cup cold water, and ice cubes.
To make lemonade by the pitcher (about 8 cups): Combine 2-2/3 cups lemonade base, 5 cups cold water, and ice cubes.
Lemons will squeeze more easily if at room temperature or if softened in the microwave (on low for just a few seconds).