We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you've craving lemonade, why not try whipping up a batch of this concentrated base? Just add water and ice, and you can have the perfect lemonade anytime! (And it's especially good for a lemonade stand!)
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested (using a grater)
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Let cool to room temperature.
- Store the lemonade base in a covered container in the refrigerator, or store in the freezer until needed; then just thaw, mix as directed below, and serve.
To make lemonade by the glass: Combine 1/4 cup lemonade base, 3/4 cup cold water, and ice cubes.
To make lemonade by the pitcher (about 8 cups): Combine 2-2/3 cups lemonade base, 5 cups cold water, and ice cubes.
Lemons will squeeze more easily if at room temperature or if softened in the microwave (on low for just a few seconds).
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.