Almond Chocolate Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Your taste buds are in for a treat when you sink your teeth into these Almond Chocolate Macaroons. It's an easy cookie recipe that whips up in no time at all!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in coconut and almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes). Add almond extract, then fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!