Cheery Cherry-Chocolate Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spread a little cheer with these Cheery Cherry-Chocolate Cookies! These no-bake cookies are super simple to make and taste like something you'd find at an Italian bakery. The combination of cream cheese, cherries, and almond flavoring is just perfect. We'd be thrilled to see this on any holiday cookie try, and we know your friends and family will be thrilled to see it on yours!
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) package chocolate almond bark
- Colored nonpareils or sprinkles for garnish
What to Do
- Place 32 wafer cookies flat-side up on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Set aside remaining cookies.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract; beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in cherries. Top each cookie on baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place remaining cookies on top, flat-side down, creating a sandwich cookie. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until filling is firm.
- Melt bark according to package directions. Using a fork, dip each sandwich cookie into the melted bark, coating completely. Allow excess to drip off and return to baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils, if desired. Allow cookies to set, then serve or store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Calories 113
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.6g 1 %
- Cholesterol 3.9mg 1 %
- Sodium 43mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.