The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Pina Colada Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 84 (7 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
There's more than one way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite tropical beverage: cookies! Our Piña Colada Cookies feature the tastes of a piña colada (without the alcohol!), so you can turn any occasion into a tropical getaway.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, pineapple, and vanilla; beat thoroughly. Gradually add flour mixture and blend.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of coconut. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan with a spatula.
- We like to substitute rum extract for the vanilla extract for that real tropical island flavor.
- Try one of our other favorite piña colada desserts like our Piña Colada Trifle or Piña Colada Muffins!
- For more fun tropical desserts, check out our collection of 12 Tropical Treats.
May 31, 2012
I think some macadamia nuts would go good in these too!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.