Bite Sized Chocolate Chippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate chip cookies with a lighter recipe? Sure! By using egg whites instead of whole eggs, and cutting the usual amount of butter and chips in half, you'll simply lose calories, not goodness.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla; beat in the egg whites. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water. Stir in chocolate chips then drop by teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until light golden. Let stand 2 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen.