We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your little pirates will love hunting for these chocolate treasures. (And make sure they leave the treasure map so you can share in the bounty!)
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 dozen foil-wrapped milk chocolate candies, unwrapped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt, blending well.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls; press a candy piece into each ball, covering the candy completely with dough. Roll the balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!