Chocolate Potato Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 54 (about 4 1/2 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Mashed potatoes in cookies?! Unbelievable?! Sshhh, let's keep the secret to these can't-get-enough-of-'em Chocolate Potato Cookies until everybody tastes 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup nonpareil candies
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract, mixing well. Add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes, beating until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to brown sugar mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Remove cookies from oven and wait 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool slightly. Frost warm cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
Use only real mashed potatoes in this recipe.
Wanna try another cookie recipe with a secret ingredient? Then try our Chocolate Mint Surprise Cookies!
- Plus, we've got cookies galore in our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Calories 104
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 4.9mg 2 %
- Sodium 68mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!