We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grandkids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package peanut butter sandwich cookies (24 cookies)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4-ounce) packages white chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 30 mini green candy-coated chocolates (We used M & M's)
- 1 tube black decorating icing
- 1 tube red decorating icing
What to Do
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a food processor, finely crush sandwich cookies. Add cream cheese and process until thoroughly mixed. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Freeze 30 minutes.
- In a large micrwaveable bowl, combine white chocolate and shortening; microwave 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave at 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Do not overheat!
- Using a toothpick to hold onto the peanut butter balls, dip each ball into the melted chocolate, coating evenly. Shake off excess coating and return to baking sheets.
- Place a mini candy-coated chocolate in center of each cookie. Place a dot of black icing in center of mini candy. Using red icing, decorate with lines as seen in photo.
You can never have too many spooky treats at a Halloween party! For more ideas like our Cookie Eyeballs, download our FREE eCookbook, Spooky Treats and Party Eats: 34 Halloween Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.