We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
What You'll Need
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
- White decorative crystal sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add gelatin and sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass, and make an indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Place a cherry in indentation and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!