Chocolate Chip Biscotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 3-1/2 dozen biscotti
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Biscotti are twice baked cookies from Italy, and the crunch is really what makes the cookie! Our Chocolate Chip Biscotti is oh so delicious and will give you the right crunch every time!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) mini semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips; mix well and, using your hands, work dough until it forms a ball. Work in chocolate chips until well combined then place half the dough on one baking sheet and form into a 3- x 12-inch loaf about 1 inch high. Repeat with remaining dough on the second baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm and light golden. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Allow loaves to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch slices and place cut-side down on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes then turn cookies over and bake 15 more minutes, or until very crisp. Allow to cool, then serve, or store in an airtight container.
To make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti, replace 1/2 cup of the flour with 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, and proceed as directed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!