We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long hard day, you deserve to kick off your shoes and sit down with some ice-cold milk and a few chocolate drop cookies. Come on, treat yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, the egg, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon until well blended. Slowly add the flour and continue beating until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set. Remove from the baking sheets to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, lightly sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Makes about 3 dozen.
For a crisper cookie that's more like a biscuit, make these drops a little smaller and flatten them a bit with the palm of your hand before baking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!