Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
You'll be sure to earn a "thumb's up" when you bake a batch of our irresistible Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints. Forget even trying to fill a cookie jar with these chocolately cookies with a raspberry thumbprint filling, 'cause they'll be grabbed up in a flash.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls, then press your thumb into tops to make 1/2-inch deep depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets and fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the sides are set. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you loved this simple raspberry recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Raspberry Recipes: 14 All-Star Raspberry Desserts.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.