Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
You'll be sure to earn a "thumb's up" when you bake a batch of our irresistible Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints. Forget even trying to fill a cookie jar with these chocolately cookies with a raspberry thumbprint filling, 'cause they'll be grabbed up in a flash.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls, then press your thumb into tops to make 1/2-inch deep depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets and fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the sides are set. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you loved this simple raspberry recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Raspberry Recipes: 14 All-Star Raspberry Desserts.