We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Christmas Bonbons are like the cookie version of a cherry cordial! Inside each one of these bite-sized cookies is a bright red cherry, just waiting to be discovered. These easy Christmas cookies will definitely add cheer to your cookie platter.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained well on paper towel
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red and green decorating sugar for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix until a soft dough forms. (If dough is dry, add 1 tablespoon milk.)
- Wrap a tablespoon of dough around each cherry and place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in microwaveable bowl and microwave 60 to 90 seconds, stirring until smooth. Dip top of each cookie in chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with red and green sugar. Let cool.
- These tasty treats are part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set out your favorite dipping sauces and grab a pair of chopsticks 'cause no one is going to want to miss out on these Imperial Pork Pot Stickers. Pot stickers are kind of like Chinese dumplings that are filled with great Asian flavors. You might want to make a few batches!