Iced Eggnog Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Who says you can't have your eggnog and eat it too? These Iced Eggnog Cookies offer a double whammy of eggnog flavor, 'cause there's eggnog in the cookie batter AND in the icing! Now that's what we call a holiday cookie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- Cinnamon stick for grating (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream 1 stick butter and the granulated sugar until creamy; beat in 1 cup eggnog. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and nutmeg. Gradually add flour mixture to eggnog mixture, mixing well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Place each piece on a sheet of wax paper and roll each into a log about 2 inches wide by 8 inches long. Seal wax paper tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap dough logs and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make Icing, in a large bowl, beat 1/2 stick butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup eggnog, and the rum; beat until smooth. Spread icing over cookies, then immediately grate a cinnamon stick on top, if desired.
More Festive Treats!
- We've got more eggnog favorites, like our Eggnog Monkey Bread, and this Eggnog French Toast Bake!
- For a classic eggnog taste, try our Classic Homemade Eggnog, or this perfect Gingersnap Eggnog!
- For more festive treats, checked out our Candy Cane Chocolate Bark, Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples, and the ever-classic Cherry Cordials!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more Christmas treats, download our free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!