Christmas Tree Meringues
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cookie
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
It's that time of year again! Time to make Christmas cookies that everyone will "ooh" and "ahh" over. Try these Christmas Tree Meringues! They're sure to steal the show at your next potluck, or the annual family gathering. Christmas cookies are a big part of the season; now you have a Christmas cookie recipe that your loved ones will remember and crave for years to come!
What You'll Need
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food coloring, 8 drops
- Multicolored nonpareils, for garnish
- Candied stars, for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a glass bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar. Place bowl over boiling water. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in mint extract.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites until they become bright white, but are still runny. Add food coloring and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place mixture into piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1-inch apart. (Cookies should be about 1-inch wide and 2-inches high.) Sprinkle with nonpareils and top with star.
- Bake 2 hours. Then, turn off oven, open door slightly and let sit in oven an additional 2 hours. Serve or keep stored in an airtight container.
Check out our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown for more amazing Christmas Cookie recipes!