Double-Orange Glazed Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add 1 cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange zest; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until well combined. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, the remaining orange juice, and remaining orange zest; mix well. Spoon icing over cookies and let sit until icing is firm.
Making glaze is easy- click here to see how it's done!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 34
- Calories 166
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 297mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"