We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Holiday fruitcake that you can't get rid of wouldn't be a problem if it existed in cookie form! That's why we created Fruitcake Cookies! Why didn't anybody think of bite-sized fruitcake before?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound candied mixed fruit, diced (see Tip)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine candied fruit, pecans, and 1/2 cup flour; toss until fruit and pecans are evenly coated, then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat until well blended.
- Stir in fruit mixture; mix well and drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto rimmed baking sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Candied mixed fruit can include a combination of pineapple, red and green cherries, and citron. If you prefer, use just one particular favorite.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 111
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 53mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %