Happy Harvest Cookie Pops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Customize your homemade cookies for any season by throwing on a little frosting and seasonal candy decorations. Make Happy Harvest Cookie Pops for a fun seasonal treat that the kids will love.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 30 non-toxic wooden craft sticks
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- Decorating gel in tubes
- Assorted candies (such as candy corn, chocolate chips, candy-coated chocolate pieces)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs and milk; beat well. Add oats mixture; mix well. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll dough into 1-1/2-inch balls and place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert a craft stick into the side of each dough ball. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten the balls to form 2-3/4-inch circles.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until edges are light golden. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting, decorating gel, and candies.
Recipe courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company