Hot Cocoa Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 cookies
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
If you can't get enough of that hot cocoa taste, then these Hot Cocoa Cookies are just what you need. These soft and cake-like cookies are perfect for dunking into your mug, and for snackin' on all winter long!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
What to Do
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add melted chocolate mixture; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture and beat until well combined. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and place a marshmallow half in center of each cookie. Return cookies to oven and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Spread a teaspoon of frosting over each marshmallow.
If you like, you can sprinkle these with different color sugars, depending on the occasion!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!