Icebox Walnut Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 42 cookies
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Congratulations to reader Kim P., the winner of our very first No-Name Recipe Contest! These delicious slice 'n' bake cookies are now called Icebox Walnut Cookies, all thanks to Kim, because that's what her grandma used to call 'em.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide dough in half and form into two rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Slice cookie dough into 1/8-inch-thick slices and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
How about making this cookie recipe your own? Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice or zest to the batter for a fresh lemon flavor, or add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, if that's what you like.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!